Kenes is committed to being a valuable and knowledgeable partner in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, and effective CME/CPD programs. Kenes is a proud member of the Good CME Practice Group (gCMEp), a member organization contributing to improving health outcomes by:
- Championing best practice in CME/CPD
- Maintaining and improving standards
- Mentoring and educating
- Working in collaboration with critical stakeholders
Membership in the Good CME Practice Group illustrates the Kenes commitment to high standards and knowledgeable partnership with its clients in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, effective and financially viable medical events.
After participating in this educational event, learners should be able to:
- Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan.
- Discuss recent research in pediatric oncology.
- Identify treatment options for all cancer types, including leukemia and brain tumours, in children.
- Assess new technologies and their potential for more effective work practices and better patient outcomes.
- Enhance the dialogue between international pediatric oncologists, paediatric surgeons, radiation specialists in the field of pediatric oncology as a means of further developing individual expertise.
- Evaluate the latest research outcomes in combining radiotherapy and immunotherapy.
SIOP 2016 is the global meeting place for physicians, researchers, scientists, other healthcare professionals in the field of pediatric oncology and its sub-specialties. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants are able to tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT AND CREDIT DESIGNATION
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME)
The 48th Annual Congress of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP 2016) is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.net
The 48th Annual Congress of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP 2016) is designated for a maximum of, or up to, 21 European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
American Medical Association (AMA)
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. For more information, visit: www.royalcollege.ca
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Friday, October 21, 2016
Saturday, October 22, 2016
To Receive Your CME/CPD Certificate
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. The process takes about 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of CME/CPD accreditation and helps improve future educational offerings.
Before 19 November 2016:
1. Access the online system via any of the following
- Visit the following link
- Please note that web browsers Mozilla Firefox 2.X or higher, or Google Chrome are recommended
- Visit the CME/CPD Accreditation page on the event website
- Follow the link in the email sent at the end of the event
2. Complete the anonymous online evaluation
3. Complete the credit claim form and submit
4. The CME/CPD certificate will be available for download; fill-in and retain for your personal records
Kindly note that the SIOP 2016 online evaluation will be active on the last day of the meeting. You will then be able to access it and claim your CME/CPD certificate.
Disclosure and Resolution of Personal Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
Industry Support Disclosure
This event is supported, in part, by funding from industry. All support is managed in strict accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support. Appropriate acknowledgement of all supporting organisations is made in the programme guide, on the event website, and with signage during the event.
- View a list of all industry supporters here.
- View detailed programmes for all Industry Sessions here.